Tom Fazio, Fazio Design
- Construction Specifications
- Agronomic Specifications
- Construction Agronomy
- Grow-in Agronomy
- Maintenance Agronomy
- Machinery Requirement
The luxurious Adare Manor is an award winning 5* hotel & golf resort in Limerick, Ireland.
Turfgrass’ role has been to advise Adare Manor on the specifications for the golf course including sand rootzones, grass species, construction methodologies and construction agronomy throughout the development of the project.
Turfgrass® then took on the role of Grow-In and Maintenance Agronomists assisting the Golf Course Superintendent and his team to produce what will undoubtedly be the pinnacle of golfing experiences in Europe.
The absolute latest in technology is being utilised all around the course in terms of, the irrigation, drainage, grasses, sand and Ireland’s first SubAir system makes this a must play destination on the golfing calendar.
The new course has been created in harmony with the outstanding natural beauty of its surroundings: lush, softly rolling terrain, mature tree scaping, and the sweeping banks of the River Maigue.
Each hole of The Golf Course at Adare Manor could be crowned the feature hole: each one has been entirely redesigned and reconstructed, with the very latest technology and course innovations, creating a challenging, characterful, and profoundly satisfying playing experience for golfers of every level. The final result is a course that is at once strategic and soulful, playable in all conditions, and future-proofed in preparation for premiere amateur and professional golf events. Cared for by an experienced, passionate team of devoted greenkeepers, the condition of this course and its velvet-smooth Pure Distinction bent grass greens is unrivalled.
The Golf Course at Adare Manor provides an unforgettable experience designed to inspire, challenge, and captivate the most demanding and spirited golf enthusiasts in the world.
Project in Numbers
- 12,055m² of Pure Distinction, Creeping Bentgrass greens built to USGA specification.
- 69 Hectares of low-cut sand capped grass, wall to wall, with no rough in play.
- 19 Sub Air vaults in greens to aid plant health, drainage and surface firmness.
- 77,000 linear meters of gravel trenches and perforated pipes.
- 41 strategically placed capillary concrete lined bunkers.
- 220,000 tonnes of sand.
- 1291 sprinkler heads.
- 127 newly planted mature trees.
- 77 new tee boxes measuring 10,777m².
- 6600m² of closely-mown driving range tees
- 17,003m² of sand-based Penn A4, Creeping Bentgrass approaches and green surrounds.
50 turf management professionals to manicure the golf course.
170,000m² of manicured ryegrass fairways.
Water features on 14 holes.