Copt Heath is recognised as one of the leading clubs in the Midlands and being located on free-draining heathland soil is subsequently playable all year round on full greens with few closure days. With a full and active membership, the candidate will have the full backing of the Committee to deliver a quality course for members and guests.
Due to retirement, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious course manager to lead the team and club into a new chapter.
The club now invites applications for the position of Course Manager.
To lead the Green Keeping team in delivering the golf course to a consistently high standard for the benefit of members, guests, and visitors
- leading in new projects to further develop the course the successful applicant will be expected to work in a hands-on role’ alongside our retained consultant.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following desired skills and qualifications:
- Qualified to a minimum NVQ Level 3 with spraying and chainsaw certificates.
- A minimum of 3 years in a management or high-level supervisory role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Golf course management experience, either in a Deputy, Head Greenkeeper or Course Manager role.
- Willingness to work flexibly and be adaptable to seasonal variations of the role.
- Strong leadership and project management that results in a focused and driven team.
- Sound business acumen with good financial and IT skills, with the ability to prepare and work within a budget.
- Knowledge and ability to prepare and be compliant with all relevant Health and COSHH regulations and all other relevant legislation relating to golf course maintenance
- Project management experience.
- Understand the environmental issues connected with the Golf Course.
- Full understanding of and ability to operate a state-of-the-art irrigation system.
- Able to manage a machinery fleet.
- Competent in the relevant IT skills.
- The ability to demonstrate professionalism with strong written and verbal communication skills.
An attractive remuneration package will be on offer and based on experience and qualifications but in line with Committee for Golf Club Salaries guidelines.
To apply candidates should email a current CV with a covering letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience to email@example.com
All applications will be treated in complete confidence
The closing date will be January 14th 2022