We have an exciting opportunity at an exceptional private golf facility in Rosenallis, Co. Laois. Designed by world renowned golf course architect Ron Kirby, this facility boasts pure distinction creeping bentgrass greens and fescue run offs. This unique property receives very few rounds of golf annually enabling ultra-high-end presentation and attention to detail.
The facility embraces the latest technological developments using tools such as Turf Assistant and POGO, the latest Rain Bird irrigation system and has a modern fleet of Toro golf course equipment. It embraces the latest agronomic trends and Integrated Pest Management, making it an ideal facility for an aspiring turf manager.
The role will provide opportunities to learn and develop all the skills and knowledge necessary for career progression and fulfil those aspirations which we are sure the successful candidate will have.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary along with benefits.
Start date is Autumn 2021.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- NVQ2 Level 2 Sports Turf Management or equivalent
- PA1, PA2 & PA6A Spraying certificates are preferred but not essential
- Good working knowledge of fine turf machinery and automatic irrigation systems combined with the repair and maintenance of associated parts
- Hold a current driver’s license
- Course set up
- Control of weeds, pests and turf diseases
- Renovate worn and damaged turf
- Mechanical maintenance (hollow tining, verticutting,Graden etc)
- Maintain and increase standards of golf course preparation and maintenance tasks
- Prepare and maintain machinery
- Working with a small team and reporting to the Superintendent
- Deliver all aspects of golf course operations to a Championship standard
The ideal candidate must have the drive and ambition to further improve the golf course and deliver the best possible golf experience for the client. They must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and overtime as required. They may also be asked to work in other areas of the estate if the need arises.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 5th Oct 2021
All interested applicants should apply via email with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org