Golf Club de Genève, Switzerland
Golf Club de Genève (The Geneva Golf Club) was established in 1921 and rented its first course in the village of Onex. After the Second World War, several shrewd club members set up a fund in order to purchase plots of land, which allowed the Club gradually to acquire a considerable amount of property. The farsightedness of this approach became apparent when the Club had to move. In 1972, encouraged by its President, Pierre Turrettini, the Club became the owner of the magnificent Bessinge estate, and commissioned Robert Trent Jones Senior to design the new (existing) course.
The Club has honoured many national and international champions throughout its 90 year history. In 1982 Golf Club de Genève hosted the Women’s World Amateur Team Championship and since 1991 has been host venue to The Rolex Trophy on the European Challenge Tour.
Agronomy & Project Management